Friday, April 27, 2007

Support VWSAC

I don't know Tom Williams, and I don't really care about his beard, but I think it's great that he's raising funds for the Victoria Women's Sexual Assault Centre.

VWSAC is a fantastic organization that helps hundreds of victims of assault every year. I volunteered there for the three years that I lived in Victoria and was very impressed with the quality of services they provide, all with limited funding and a small staff. In addition to individual and group counselling services, they also run a 24-hour crisis line and have volunteers with pagers who respond to emergency calls, meeting victims and accompanying them for post-assault hospital visits. There's also a great youth component run by Project Respect, promoting its acclaimed "Yes Means Yes" programme.

VWSAC always needs community support and I encourage you to help them in the great work they do. Click here to go to the GiveMeaning donation site.

No comments: